Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dibs, a Pomeranian and the fire truck.


My son is stubborn, such a suprise. A shocker really. He did not want to eat his baby food. No more baby food! So I fed him a lunch of grilled chicken, pasta salad, and watermelon. It was warm, so I pulled out the Dibs ice cream nuggets. Well, those were a big hit, yet another shocker. He takes after his Grandma Phis in that respect. At least he had some chicken and fruit.....







I told Mark we would work more in the garage today, and so we did. I was working, Lon was supervising. Out of the corner of my eye I see this orange thing move. I look up and there is a puppy Pomeranian. Cute little thing. I got out a bowl and gave him some water. Lon and I went for a walk to find out where the puppy lived. No luck. He looked only about 6, maybe 8 months old. I am used to bitter old nippy poms, however, this pup was sweet as could be. Wanted me to hold him, wanted to be loved. After the little walk, where I was the only one who actually walked anywhere. The pup was carried, and Lon was in the stroller. We loaded up and went to the vet, perhaps the dog was microchiped. It had clipped nails, nicely groomed, it was not a long shot, but no luck. So we went home and as I was feeding Lon lunch, I saw a lady walking down the street seemingly looking for something. I went out and yep, it was her dog. The dog's name is Trigger. I will keep a look out for Trigger this summer and now that I know where he lives, it will be easy to return him to his home.
This is the fire engine. Cousin Matt sent it to Lon for Christmas. For some unknown reason I was completely unable to put it together at Christmas. So it went into the garage. All the parts in a grocery bag. There is sat for the last few months mocking me. Tonight I brought it up from the garage and had it put together in 20 minutes. It works, the wheels turn. LON LOVES IT. I will have some pictures of him with the fire engine soon. I am so pleased I got it together!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Chicken, fruit and ice cream nuggets - a balanced diet! :)

The fire truck is all over the Big Wheel I had a kid, what a fun toy, tell him I'll trade my Porsche for it (less gas, you know :)

suzy said...

And you get excersize! Big Wheels still rule though. I always wanted a big wheel!! But a trade for a Porsche! How cool is that?