Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Out in the Yard


Today was a beautiful day! Lon and I went for a long walk, about 3 miles. It was going to be closer to 2 and a half but Lon dropped his blanket and Mom did not realize it till a long way down the road! Back we went to get the blanket that Auntie Karie got him at Disney World. We can not lose that one.

After a surprisingly uneventful lunch, Lon and I went out and played in the back yard. Lon crawled the whole length of the yard. He seemed to really enjoy the grass. It was not wet this time!

He had a great time. He even ate a little bit of the lawn. I was worried about this, however, my mother reminded me that her grandmother used to say Children need to eat a pound of dirt while they are little. I am not sure why. But Lon seems well on his way.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Oh, I know I comsumed my share of grass and dirt as a kid (not to mention leaves, bugs and anything else that I could capture) and I turned out OK (mostly :)

suzy said...

You turned out just fine. and super smart, so I wonder if all that misc eating makes a person smarter?

Vasudev said...

Well, he is trying to show that he is also a kid who tries to put anything in his hand into mouth. Lon deliberately threw the cloth from his Aunt to tell that he needs some more time in the sun. He wants some fresh air for more time.

He is trying to be a "Chinna Krishna" Chinna means Small and krishna is the name of the Lord, who used to do all all kind of mischevious activities that is infact fun to others as well.

Finally....Lon in Lawn looks lovely!!!