Search This Blog

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Lebanese Food

My turn for International Dinner was today. I picked Lebanese food. I love Lebanese food.  Garlic, Mint, Yogurt, how can you go wrong?
I had the espresso cups all set out and ready to go, but we did not use them!
Lon showing off his fort.  He is so looking forward to having other kids here! Brian, Kayla and Grace
Then they were here! Even Ben! A fun time was had by all
Waiting for Shwarma! and rice. I made Lentil soup, which was soooo good. Lamb meatballs, shwarma sauce for them and the chicken shwarma. I made Cucumber Yogurt salad, Tabouleh, feta cheese dip, white bean dip, baba kanouj, and hummas. Home made hummas is easier than I thought.  For desserts,  I made sesame halwava (which I probably won't make again), baklava, which I will make again, and a recipe that is similar to turkish delight.  I will make that again too.
Grilling the shwarma. I am not sure why it is called shwarma. It is a marinade of curry, salt, pepper, and lemon juice mainly.
The sun came out in the late afternoon! The kids played out in the back yard
Mark teasing Grace
Playing in the fort
They found the lightsabers! It took a while to find them. Brian really loves this toy!
Grace wearing Lon's Captain Rex helmet. A garage sale find that Lon loves.
A good time was had by all this afternoon.  This was the last dinner before summer break. Next time it is Meagan's turn, but that won't be till September. My next turn is in November.

No comments: