Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Kitchen

I wanted an updated kitchen for a long time.  We got a quote from our usual contractor, and we just could not do that much. I was sad. Mark talked to someone he knew, and it was supposed to be a surprise for me. He was going to have it start the day Lon and I were going to leave town.  Well, it did not quite work out that way. They could start early and get it done over three Wednesdays. SO they did!
The old kitchen, as I am starting to take things down. Worn out cabinets and counter tops.
The fridge got pushed out of the way, and the cabinets are coming down!
The cabinets are gone. He noticed some water damage behind the dishwasher, Jim took the damaged dry wall out to see if there was any real water damage. Luckily, there was none! He put in new dry wall.
Jim and Bob working hard. Bob also painted the kitchen. It looks so bright and shiny!
New cabinets are coming in nicely
The new cabinets are in!  The new over the stove microwave is in!  The under cabinet lights are in! The fridge is where it is where it is supposed to be! We have cardboard for counter tops, no sink and no stove. The dishwasher is in, but not hooked up to water. The counter tops and sink and stove will be another week.  I missed the sink and water most of all.
Counter tops!  They are very very heavy! Two Russian gentlemen put them in.  They did a great job.
Monday, the back splash I picked out is in! Sort of, they ran out of tiles. The sink is in, the counter tops are ready.  Grouting will wait till the glue really sets. On Wednesday.
Wednesday, at 8am, the Russians were here to grout. When I got back from dropping Lon off at school, Jim and Bob were here to finish everything else. Attaching the sink, dishwasher and new GAS  stove. Jim put in a real working vent over the stove. The previous vent was just for show.  I have to rehang the pot rack and put everything back into the cabinets.
I love my new updated look in my kitchen. SO much prettier. It looks great.  Now I am going to make dinner!
Close up of the back splash and granite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Cooking Suzy. I am glad that you are so happy with the NEW KITCHEN.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that back splash! The whole kitchen looks great! :)

Sarah H.

Unknown said...

I love the backsplash!!