Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

First Swim Lesson of the Summer! And Dr.'s Report

Lon had a busy day today! The sun is shining, it finally is starting to feel like summer around here! It was about 75 when we left for the pool. I hope the weather stays this nice all summer, or maybe even a little warmer.
Bobs. He had to dunk his head 15 times. He said he only got to about 11 before the coach called time.
Working on strokes. Lon is really going to learn swimming this year, not just play in the water well enough not to drowned.
Kick out from the wall to the coach
Back float star fish. He almost got it perfect, he will be great at it before the end of the summer
An after swim warm up in the sun.
After swimming we ran some errands and went to the doctors. Lon needed to see Dr. Sally for his 6 year check up! He is healthy! But we know that. He is 46 1/2 inches tall (75%) and now 42 pounds! (20-25%). He finally broke 40 pounds!  It was a nice short visit.  Lon was very well behaved on our errands. He did not ride in the cart, he says now that he is 6 he is too big to do that, but he walked beside me and stayed right next to me the whole time.  It was very nice to shop like that.
When we got home, we agreed it was hammock time! We did not even get the hammock out last year. I hope we get alot of use out of it this summer!
I noticed he had his light saber with him. He told me a young jedi is always prepared. I turned the bubble machine on, he pretended that the bubbles were imperial sneaky troops (his words) and tried to get them all down with the light saber.
There are so many of them! All over the yard! This is SO much fun!
Wait. What? No no, it is not bed time. No no. I am really not tired. I would really like to stay up later. Really. I would.  I sent him to bed after washing his face and having him brush his teeth (the stain is from a ring pop). I could hear him talking to the cat about how mean I am not to let him stay up.  But he finally fell asleep.  Or at least stopped complaining to the cat.

1 comment:

Kestrel said...

Hahahahha, complaining to the cat! I love it - he would fit right in with my kids!