Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camping!

This past weekend, we went camping. At the KOA in Leavenworth. It was very fun. We went with Chong, Michelle, Brian and Kayla.  KOA is great with the kids. There is alot to do.
I like this fruit sign.
Mark setting up our tent. I am so glad he can set it up by himself. I am not good at it at all!
Lon helping pump up our air mattress. He wanted to help, but he grew tired of it quickly.
Brian getting in on the action
Kayla is not about to be left out!
Our camp all set up!
Manly Camp Man!
Friday night's dinner was hotdogs! Yummy! Food tastes better outside. The kids ate well and were having lots of fun running around.
After dinner it was s'more time.  Yes, there is an extra boy. He was our neighbor. His name is Sebby. Lon and Brian had a great time playing with him. 
MMMM yummy s'mores!
Kicking back!
Lon was wired. Mark and I were amazed and slightly annoyed that Lon was so wired up! We wanted to sleep but Lon was full of energy, crankiness and just talking about everything. Later on I realized I had let him have some guarana to drink. WAY too much caffeine for the little boy.  Won't be doing that again.
The next morning, we had a wonderful breakfast at the kamp office. Lon ate the two pancakes and I had the egg part of it.  Yummy.  After breakfast we went to Smallwoods! We love Smallwoods. We all went to the petting zoo, and feed the animals. The goose, just out of the photo, kept trying to eat Mark's hair.
Lon feeding the Llamas.  Gentle animals.
Lon and Kayla feeding the Llama.  Lon was helping Kayla. He as being very nice to her.
The peacocks were screaming.  I love the pretty feathers!
Which one should we have for dinner?
Waiting on the cow ride. Waiting. Waiting Waiting
Lon and Katie the Smallwood's cat
I just like this photo
Lon found the tire swing.  It was lots of fun and helped with the waiting.  I had already purchased the 10 pounds of pie cherries I had on hold. Yet, there were another 9 pounds there.  These were sending out big signals for me to buy them. So I did. I knew I would regret NOT buying them. I took home just under 20 pounds of pie cherries. YUMMY !
FINALLY the cow ride! Lon went twice. He always enjoys the ride. He does his best to get the last car.
Cashmere for lunch.  We went to Brian's Pizza. It was good. Next time we will try a new place. It was pouring rain. Thunder and everything!  Chong, Mark, Lon and I walked over to Aplets and Cotlets. That was a fun place. 
Lon showing Brian an apple in the little stream in front of the Cider Mill. 
After the Cider Mill we drove down the Chumstick road. Kayla and Brian needed a nap and this was the best way for them to get that!  We got to the end of the Chumstick, we stopped at the Corner Fruit Stand. I saw this little chipmunk laying in the sun!
We got back to camp and had some fun playing. We went to the Hay Ride. It was fun. Sebby was able to come with us.  The Hay Ride was a fun, it went all over the camp ground.  The place is huge! 
Bowling for Ice Cream. I brought a camp ice cream maker, it has to be rolled around for about half an hour.  The ice cream was actually good. We roasted apricots over the fire and had ice cream with them. It was good!  We will do that again.
It was a good night. Lon decided that he was tired. Told us he was tired and crawled into his sleeping bag and went to sleep.  He is growing up.  The next morning it was time to pack up and go home. There was alot more to do that we did not get to, so we will be back. KOA camping  is fun.  I want check out other KOAs.
Empty camp.  Lon wanted to stay longer, days longer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful camping experience! We had a great time and definitely will go back. Kids just loved the camp.

Michelle