Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

On the Town with Lon

Lon and I decided to walk around downtown Kirkland today. (sadly, Mark had to do a little work so he stayed home). Our first stop was the jewelers, I have had these gemstones since I was 16 and it really is past time to get them set into something !
Lon was a good boy at the jewelers while I picked out a ring setting for my tiny tourmaline and a pendant for my triangle shaped amethyst.  Since Lon was such a good boy, we walked over to ...

We like Zeeks!

Being goofy while we wait for our pizza. It was crazy in there. They had a youth basketball party going on at the same time. We thought they forgot about us! It took almost an hour to get our pizza. Lon and I had fun, we drew pictures. We picked out which Mariner's game we wanted to go to. The criteria for that was, a day game during the week. There were only two. Both against Baltimore. At the beginning of May. (we will see if we really go). I wrote out sight words for him to practice. He was not all that amused by the sight words part.

Finally, our pizza came! whew! Just in time for a starving boy!  We got a small pizza, I had basil and tomatoes on my half and Lon just had plain cheese.  He ate almost all his half of the pizza. Very good

We walked through the parking lot, and was thinking we might be here longer than our allotted time in the parking lot. We saw a spot almost exactly opposite of where we were that was open. We jumped in the car, moved the car and went on to our next stop! Eastside Trains! Lon loves that store. He looked at the trains, he helped me look at some stuff for our Christmas train! There are two expansion packs we looked at. There was also a station, a billboard, a water tower all sorts of fun things!
The lure of Thomas was strong, so I let Lon play with their set up for a little while. Then we had to be on our way.

We walked around the block to Sweet Cakes. I would love to say it was wonderful. It was also very expensive. The small sugar cookie and water was almost 4 dollars. I was going to get a raspberry oatmeal bar, but that 2 inch square bar was 3.65, so I passed.  Lon did not finish his cookie, he said it was not as good as the ones I make him. 

We walked over to the frozen yogurt place and Lon got a chocolate with sprinkles and oreo bits. He really liked that. I got a plain with fresh raspberries and pineapple. Happy I passed on the oatmeal bar. We both got kid sized yogurts and they were plenty big!  Those were very good.
I thought this was going to be our last stop of the day. Lon was thinking it would not be our last stop! He wanted to go to the lego store to look around and get that Lego pull apart tool.  Not really having been to the mall on a saturday in YEARS, I thought really, how bad can it be? oh my...
Lon at the lego store! He was having so much fun looking around and seeing all there was to see. It was a fun, but very very crowded little store.  We will go back, on a tuesday morning. Not really going to go back on the weekend.
On our way to the mall, I called Grandma just to say hi and tell her we were on our way to the lego store, but we were just going to get the pull apart tool and be on our way. In the background I heard, HA! You can't do that. I replied, oh yea? Then the gauntlet was thrown down, Grandpa Andy said, I BET you can't do that. (Lon will whine, you will cave and you will get a lego set) I took the challenge and asked what I would get if I did not get a Lego set. Grandpa Andy told me that HE would get Lon a lego set, while Grandma chimed in, a $100 dollar set. SO, we did not get ANY lego sets, we got two pull apart tools and the ice cube tray (Lon's party). NO sets. Lon is pointing out the set he would like Grandpa Andy to get him.  PORTAL to Atlantis.  Thank you Grandpa Andy. I was tempted to get some Easter sets, but I did not. I might go back on get them on a random weekday morning. We stopped by Harry and David, checked out the new flavors of moosemunch, went to Williams Sonoma (I was very very good there). It took us 24 minutes to get out of the parking garage. This was nuts, it took us longer to get out of the garage then it did to do our stuff  inside the mall.  We both decided we needed a piece of good chocolate candy, so we did a little detour into See's. Lon and I got two pieces of candy each. Then we went home! Just as Daddy was done with work.
It was a good day all around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Andy is looking but so far all he has seen is something called Portal to Atlantis.

suzy said...

that is it, actually.