Search This Blog

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Happy Birthday, Reyansh!

This afternoon, we celebrated Reyansh's first birthday. We all had a good time.
Lon dressed in the Indian outfit that Uncle Vasu brought him back from India a few years ago. Lon just grew up, not out, so it still fit him, more or less.  The pants did not have the proper puddling at the bottom anymore, but it was okay.  Lon even got a haircut today so he looked his best.

The birthday boy and the proud Mamma!

the unmanly picture of Uncle Chong and Daddy
I am not sure I was supposed to post this one
The more manly photo.

Lon being very friendly to everyone, even though he did not remember or even know alot of the people there. He is a really good boy.

Princess Kayla and Auntie Michelle!

Daddy and Lon. He was starting to get a little tired, but he got over it

Lon changed out of this Indian finery so when he had some cake it would not make a mess
Talking to Auntie Prachi about the cake

Grandmother and the Birthday Boy, Reyansh!
Trying to put a hat on Reyansh, but it was not going to happen

CAKE!
Some of the balloons escaped, and Lon just scampered up on this man's shoulders and pulled down what he could reach.  Not so sure I would have said this was a good idea, but it worked out well. No one got hurt.  Oh, this man was standing on an end table, not the floor.

King of balloons!

The party was lots of fun, we played bingo. It was a different style of bingo than I knew, but it was really fun.  We did not win.
They did have a wonderful array of Indian foods brought in from Mayuri. (mmm, I love Mayuri)
Paneer, dahl, Briyani,  a vegetarian dish that looked like a meatball, and carrot halvala. The carrot dish was a sweet (not European sweet, very good). They also had a riata (sp). Things were not too spicey. I could eat everything.   It was good to see people and we all had fun. I got dressed up in my Indian outfit. The copper one, and I even wore lots of jewelery. ( earrings, a necklace, rings, bracelet, toe rings and two anklets) (LOTS!) 
We hope that Reyansh had a wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grest photos, but I do wish there had been a photo of you too. I bet Vasu was happy to see Lon in his outfit.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Reyansh had lot of fun. I'll upload the party snaps soon and will send you a link when I get a chance.

-Rahul