Search This Blog

Thursday, November 04, 2010

What Mommy Made for School

For Lon's Harvest Party I was asked to make a backdrop for the pictures.  The teacher's first thought was paper, but she wanted to roll it up and use it again next year. Well, paper was not going to work for that.  Then I thought I could get a canvas drop cloth and paint it. Well, that might not be the best idea either, paint chips, etc.  So I did what I do best. I sewed one.  I drew out what I wanted on a piece of paper, then translated it into fabric. The back drop measures 82x36. The height and width of the class room door
The cloud is outlined in silver thread, because.. I think you can fill that one in. There are 7 pumpkins outlined in gold thread as a highlight. Those don't show up too well in the photos

Lon in front of the backdrop, in his costume, with a paper mache pumpkin.  Everyone said they liked it.

No comments: