Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Date with Grace

We were invited to meet Grace and her parents at the Seattle Children's Museum.  An opportunity not to be missed!
It was very foggy that morning. I told Lon that someone took the top of the Space Needle.  Lon just looked at me funny and told me no, momma it is under all that fog. Who would take it?

Lon wanted to me to take a picture of the Pacific Science Center in the fog.  It turned out pretty nice.

Lon and I were waiting for Grace, by the front door of the museum. Then Lon heard music, and saw the fountain start it's show.  He loved watching the water move to the music.
We found Grace and they were off to explore the museum. What a wonderful place. Lon and I had never  been inside the Children's Museum.  We have been to Seattle Center alot, but for some unknown reason, we never went into that part.  I am pretty sure we will be going again.  One of the first things Lon wanted to do was drive the fire truck

Grace showed him the grocery store section. They both got carts and filled them up. Lon told us that he had to stick to the list. He really could not get extras, since they were not on the list.
Then they found the building shop. They both were building something.




Lon found the box of construction clothing. He is rocking that look!
Grace played with the dog biscuits in the Clifford section. Who doesn't love Clifford?

Sliding down Clifford's tail

What's in there?

In the global village, Lon took Grace for a ride on the Philippine bike.  The Global village was made up of the countries of China, Japan, the Philippines and one African village.  Lon recognized all the Filipino food and some of the Japanese candy.


Making music together in the African Village.
Making a phone call on a Japanese phone
Lon has just started getting into using the phone. He wants to talk to everyone I am talking to. Perhaps I should let him talk to the telemarketers that still call.

After a couple hours of play time, we went upstairs to get lunch. They were setting up the train display for the holidays.  A moving hot air balloon and an airplane are over the village.  It will be very fun when it is all finished

Watching the moving hot air balloon. They both thought that was wonderful.  They both also got cheese pizza.

Grace and Lon. 
Lon thinks these things are fun. I am sure there is a name for these, but I have no idea what it is.
When we left to go back to the car, the music was just starting again. We stopped to watch the fountain dance for a while. On the left side of the photo you can see a man, a puppy and a women. The man really wanted the puppy to go into the fountain. . He kept running toward the water. The puppy wanted nothing to do with the water. Being a loyal puppy though, he really tried. However, being a smart puppy, he could not do it.  The man did get in the fountain and got soaked. It was not a nice day to get soaked.
The kids had a great time. Lon did not want the day to end.

3 comments:

Kestrel said...

I am SO jealous of your trip to the Children's museum! Your day sounds like so much fun :) Thank you for the wonderful photos and words, I almost felt like I could be there.

suzy said...

Thank you!We had a good time. I am trying to keep a log (blog) of Lon's childhood so in 15 years as he is looking through pictures he will know all the details. Because even though I think I will remember every detail. I won't. and it is a fun

Anonymous said...

Great Blog1 Loved all the photos. What a great learning expierence.
Mom