Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Days

Monday it started snowing. Usually it lasts maybe a day or two, well, so far we still have snow and it is cold. Today we did not get above freezing. This does not mean we did not have fun this past week. We most certainly did!
All ready to go! Two pair of fleece sweat pants on!

It is so much fun to be outside! Even though there is not too much snow, there is SNOW
Working on a snow dog, since we did not have enough snow to make a snowman

Adding the spots. Grandma sent us this snow dog kit. It is foam dots, black, and blue, tongue, ears, paws, tail, and collar. It is so cool.
Finished puppy

It was still snowing on Tuesday. I found a metal bowl that Grandmother had given me, and it worked out great as a squirrel feeding station. The best part is, I can bring it in at night. No feeding the raccoons and possums.

Snow is falling, picture postcard pretty
I had to take the hummingbird feeder inside, it had frozen solid. Once I got it thawed out, I put it back out. The pretty little birds were happy. I have seen three different hummingbirds. I am enjoying watching them.
So far our snow total is about 3 inches.

Can we go outside? Can we? It is tough being stuck at home for days when we were not planning it. Lon has been home since Saturday. Daddy took off Tuesday and today.  We will all be home till Monday, they say a thaw is coming tomorrow.

Sarah, from across the street, came over to play outside.

Snow Angels

Lon was having a great time making snow angels with Sarah all over the front yard

Good Friends

Even though we were not going to take my car anywhere until the roads clear, Lon was determined to clean off my car. He did a good job. My car is now snow free, but there is a frame of snow on the ground around the car.
We came back inside, warmed up and we are getting ready for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jim said...

The patio-covered-in-snow shot is fantastic! It almost makes me want snow. Of course I say that sitting here in shorts with the AC on. Still :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Snowy Thanksgiving!
Mom