Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Swim Class for 2010

Today was drizzling on and off and 55 degrees when we left for our first day of swim class. I put Lon in Swim Class 2 as a refresher course, the next session he will be in Swim 3. He also told me he was not going into the big pool until he was 5.  Which will work out just fine.  The small pool was heated to 86 degrees today. They were very cold when they got out,but while in the water they were good.


Blowing bubbles and blowing them well!

A new friend we made in swim class. Too bad we won't be seeing him again in class! I messed up today. I did not get to the pool till 11:45. Lon's class starts at 11:10. Allison, who rocks!, let Lon into the 11:45 class just for today. We have to be on time tomorrow. The good news is the other two boys in the 11:10 class Lon already knows and likes! Hooray!

Looking for buried treasures

and finding them

London Bridges falling down. Once the noodles fall around you, you are supposed to dunk your head or blow bubbles to be released! Lon enjoys this game alot!

Every class ends with jumping off the side into the pool. Lon needs some help with this. He has a difficult time jumping into water. Not off of high play ground structures onto the hard ground. Just into water. We will practice this at the Y pool on Sundays.  I am so glad we did not have to cancel swim lessons! We would have had to if I had to be in a real cast. Just more weeks in the boot for me! I can drive and that is the upside!

No comments: