Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Epic Fun

Lon and I did have Epic Fun at the Puyallup Fair! Monday was Backyardigan day, and all rides in Sillyville were 1 dollar! Sillyville is the little guy ride area. We got in line for the picture with the Backyardigans, in a stuffy, hot tent. When we were finally near the front, they went on break. It was only Tyrone and Pablo. We thought that maybe this was not such a great thing anyway. Time to try out the rides.
Lon loved the rides! (he is my boy!)


That ride was fun, now let's try the Little Dipper Roller Coaster. I really think this will be fun Mom!



I am so ready for this Mom!

I did not get a good picture of Lon on the coaster, and I only got a few of him on the helicopter ride, and he liked the alligator ride.







The spaceship ride was good.


The race cars was okay, the really good thing about it was the tooting horns.


Then, Lon sees the best ride ever! The Dragon !! The only ride he went on twice!



Snack break! Cherry Shave Ice and a Crusty Pup. Yummy. You may notice a change of clothes for Lon. Yes, I took him out of his jeans and put him in shorts and a t-shirt. It was getting warm!

We looked at all the grange displays, all the needlework and quilts. All the booths of things I did not know I could not live without until I got to the Fair.

We looked at all the animals. Lon moo'd at the cows and they looked at him, some moo'd back. We looked at sheep, goats, and pigs. We petted the piglets, two days old. (I had to hold Lon up, so no picture) Lon tried to talk to all of them in their own language. It was very cute.

After the cows, we had an ice cream break. The ladies at LuLu's Dairy Barn did not think that Lon would finish his chocolate vanilla swirl. HA! He most certainly did!


Okay, Mom, enough! Let's go back to the Dragon Coaster!




Yep, he was putting his arms up! He loves roller coasters! He did see the Xtreme Scream bungee ride and wanted to go on that. He is not big enough yet, he was nice enough to let me know that Mommy and Lon could ride it together when he got big. I told him we would, and the big roller coaster too.



We did get our Backyardigan's photo. I had to take it, their camera was busted. It was very red. Since their camera was broken, they did not turn on the light diffusers either. I used a little bit of photo editing, but it is still really red.


Then we went to the petting farm. A few years ago they had a tiny outbreak of Ecoli and the petting farm is not very big and they have hand wash stations and hand sanitizer everywhere.

After the petting zoo, we were tired! We had been there for almost 8 hours! It is a huge place! We had a ticket at the Museum of Flight booth. They were going to do a drawing at 4:30, so we should go see if it was ours. Lon just gave me a silly look. But back we went. They did draw Lon's number! He won a dreamliner 777 model and two tickets to the Museum of Flight. How cool is that? Lon said yea! Now can we go home? He was asleep before we got onto 405 and stayed asleep all night. It was Epic Fun!

Just a little more info: The theme of this year's fair is Epic Fun, that is why I kept using it!

4 comments:

Jim said...

I'll say that was epic fun, it was like a whole week crammed into one day!

Anonymous said...

Thing = think ?

After the cows, we had an ice cream break. The ladies at LuLu's Dairy Barn did not thing that Lon would finish his chocolate vanilla swirl. HA! He most certainly did!

suzy said...

It was fun, it was a long day! Lon likes the Fair.

suzy said...

I can always count on you to help me edit the blog properly, thank you darling.