Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sunday Baking



Lon playing while Mommy works!





On Sunday, the 8th, we did some baking.

We made Tassies, little pecan ones and cheesecake ones too. Yes, of course, we used LOTS of sprinkles. I had not thought to put sprinkles on them before! They look and taste SO much better with sprinkles!






Then I boiled up some sugar and butter for toffee! Lon can not help with that, it is scary for me to have liquid that HOT that I have to handle! I do not want Lon anywhere near it!









cooling in the pan




This year, instead of plain old pecans, we used a combination of chopped dried cranberries and pistachios on top of the bittersweet chocolate.



New cookies for this year are S'mores cookies. A brown sugar cookie with added graham crackers, baked until almost done, add a couple marshmallows to the top, bake a few more minutes, top with a Hershey's chocolate and SPRINKLES!

Lon can fit into the space where I keep my mixer. Yes, I change the little rugs in the kitchen to Christmas ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! I did most of my baking yesterday - today I just need to finish Krumkake and a roll out cookie I make, the the fudge, pecan cookies, gum drop cookies, and the peanut glob cookies are all done. I never thought to take photos of all the baking - but I probably should for Hunter's memory book. Oh, and the ginger bread house just needs decorating - I wanted Hunter to help with that!
We missed you last week - 32 for a sit down lunch was exhausing to say the least (no plastic or paper) - 3 loads of dishes!
Miss you! Pam