Search This Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Lights! Santa Hats! Divinity!


Today, Saturday was cold and clear. We thought it would be a good idea, to get the lights up! Lon and Daddy played while Mommy got up on the ladder and the roof! I got the lower lights put up. The roof was a little icy. I had to get up on the roof for the peak of the garage. One roof part at a time. ... We did the lights in the morning. After that we went in, Mommy warmed up and realized it was cold and clear. DIVINITY WEATHER! Lon wanted to help, of course!







There was a Santa Hat out..


Lon played a little, then he wanted to go to sleep! This was a really good thing as Mommy was about to play with hot sugar. Lon went to sleep in his own bed!


I cranked the heat, turned the humidity down as far as I could. Got it to 35%! I was thinking this might just work...


Peppermint Divinity. I had some crushed candy canes I used. Nice.

Vanilla with Pecan.

I am so pleased I was able to make divinity this year. If we have another dry clear day I will try to make torrone or French Macaroons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are really one busy lady. You are doing so much. The holidays are always fun. :pve you Lots,
see you soon, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
MMMM Divinity sounds wonderful! Sneak me a piece if you are coming over tomorrow!!!! (hint hint!) I hope to see you!

Pam

Jim said...

I see you are up to your wonder woman routine again :) The divinity look great. I am curious, why does the humidity have to be low for successful divinity?

Of course, the Lon in Hat series is totally frameable!

suzy said...

I am looking forward to seeing you too Mom!

suzy said...

Pam, I would have loved to have been at the meeting... but alas, school is still going on, so I have no sitter.....However, anytime you are welcome to come over and I will have divinity!

suzy said...

Hi Jaime, Egg white based things, torrone, french macaroons, divinity are affected by humidity. Those things take moisture out of the air, and if there is too much it just won't set. There will be no wonderful fluffyness...just flat chewyness.