Search This Blog

Friday, December 07, 2007

An Adventerous Day without Pictures

Thursday was an adventure for us. Unfortunately I did not take photos. We picked up some friends to take them to the airport at o'dark thirty. Traffic was still messed up due to washed out roads. They wanted the radio off, which turned out to be a good thing! I usually have the radio on. Okay, I always have the radio on. Every time I touched my brakes it sounded like there were low flying aircraft over the car. The noise was horrendous! On my way home from the airport I called our auto mechanic. He could fit me in. We drove straight there. Justin took the car for a test drive to see if he could hear the problem. He did not get 20 feet down the driveway before the backup lights came on! He could hear it! They put the car up on the rack, took the rear tires off. The left rear brake was gone. It was metal on metal. The right rear brake was almost there. So Merry Christmas to Mommy! I got new brakes! WHOOOHOOO!! They needed four or five hours to get the car fixed, and they would give us a ride home. Unfortunately, since the tires were off my car, I had to move the car seat into the shop van! That was done with only a little effort.
Once at home, we got out the rest of the peirogi filling and finished those. It took another entire batch of dough! Almost to the teaspoon of filling! I have enough of those lovely little dumplings to last me a long time!
The auto shop called, and then they came to get us, in our car! So I only had to put the car seat back once! That was nice. It was also nice that it was less, MUCH less than the original estimate! I love our auto shop! Juanita Auto! They will get cookies!
We got home, and made Russian Tea Cakes. Love those little cookies.
Mark barbecued chicken out on the grill and Lon went to sleep right after dinner. After I got the Christmas letter written, I went to sleep early!
A day in the life...

No comments: