Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

We're Back!

I am going to try to catch up on all the events of the last two weeks. There were TONS. Lots and lots of firsts for Lon! and for me too!
Lon's First Plane Ride
Lon did GREAT I was very impressed. When we got off the plane there were a few people who said, wow, I did not even know there was a baby on the plane. Can't get a higher compliment than that!

This was taken when we landed at Reagan. 3 hours 59 minutes chuck to chuck.

I think I was more tired than Lon when we arrived. Our luggage was waiting for us when we got to baggage claim. This amazes me as the airport in seattle takes about 1/2 an hour to even start to think about taking the luggage off the plane. We got our luggage, one suitcase for each of us. Karen and Kent arrived in two cars to meet us. We put all our stuff in the Jeep, including the gate checked stroller and loaded Lon up in the car seat. We hugged Karen and Kent and we were off to Fredericksburg. It was a fun drive. Just about an hour away. Of course Mom was waiting up for us when we arrived. Okay, us might be a reach. Waiting up for the little man. It was good to see Mom. The next morning....

Curious and Curiouser.....

We woke up early the next morning to get ready to go to Matt's THIRD birthday party! at 9;30am we all met up at the Ballston Mall movie theater to see Curious George the movie! What great fun that was! We had cake and bagels and sweet rolls and coffee for the adults. The cake was so cute! Of course it featured a monkey. I made matching outfits for Miss Ingrid and Lon. Matt had a fleece jacket out of the same fabric.


Waiting to see the monkey


The cousins with Grandma! I had to make a special outfit for Lon's very first Movie. Ingrid's too. It worked out well. Lon had a romper outfit, long pants. Ingrid had a sleeveless dress trimmed in red rickrack. Each of them also had a hat, Miss Ingrid had a floppy sun hat, also trimmed in rick rack and Lon had a baseball cap. I thought they were super cute. After the movie we got to take a nap! My sister has the greatest feather bed ever! It was so nice to sink into, I could have slept for days. I think if I had that bed I would get even less done as I would never want to get out of bed!

Teatro Goldoni

After our nap and freshen up we went to dinner. I think there needs to be a different word for what we experienced. It was not just dinner. It was an experience, an fabulous culinary adventure. We had a tour of the menu. Amazing. Goldoni is Karen and Kent's favorite resturant. It is a wonderful place and if you are ever in DC and thinking, hmmm, I would love to have an extaordinary meal. This is the place! (it is on K street) We started off with Calamari sauted in cappucino and porcini with a quail egg. I had never had calamari any other way but fried. This was melt in your mouth wonderful. Then there was the tuna tartar pizza. Topped with a carrot salad. It was carrots and greens in a vinagarette on top of the tuna, which was on a brick oven flat bread. Next up, on our SEVEN course tour of the menu was Rigatoni Bolognaes. (I can not spell and I will come back and fix this later) The sauce was sublime, and rigatoni has always been my favorite pasta. After clearing away every last atom of that we had Lobster Risotto. That is Kent's favorite. Of course, it was perfect. At this point I am thinking it can not get better than this. I was, of course, wrong. The Mahi Mahi was the best fish I have ever eaten. Roll my eyes up in the back of my head good. The fish melted in your mouth. The next to last course was steak. It was sliced, in a poccini balsamic vinegar reduction. oh yummy! I took some off Grandmother's plate! (she let me, honest!). Then came dessert. A flourless chocolate cake with espresso gelato. We had espresso also. The wait staff was flawless, there was never an empty glass of anything, water or wine. It was the best meal I have had all year. Lon came too. He had some espresso gleato. Just a taste. He did not like it, I think it was the cold. He slept mostly through dinner. There were 17 of us at dinner and we had the same compliment as on the airplane, I did not know you even brought Lon. What a good baby. People were looking at us carrying out the car seat, wow, there was a baby here?

Our table at the great Goldoni!


Sleeping baby boy.

After that great, wonderful, fabulous, extravagent meal, Karen and I told each other all we were going to have for the next week was a salad. One. we would split it. The valet brought our cars around and off we went back to Fredericksburg to get some sleep before we went back to DC to witness Miss Ingrid's Baptism. That will be tomorrow's post.

Lon had such a busy day. A first plane ride, a first movie, a first fancy restuarant. He did so well, I was so very proud of him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a grand time we all had with you here. Lon now has an East Coast fan club. We miss him and you very much. I will be looking forward to the next installment.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Suzy-loo -
this was a nice write-up. We so wished that you and Mark and especially Lon could have stayed longer. I am going to copy your blog and put it in Ingird's babybook so she can "remember" her baptism through her Aunty Suzy's eyes.

KK

Jim said...

What an eventful first day! I'm glad Lon did well with the plane ride and flurry of following events!

Oh, the tour de Goldini's sounds incredible. I must schedule and interview in DC :)