Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Miss Ingrid's Baptism


The next morning, Sunday, My mother, Grandmother, Mark, Lon and I treked back into DC to meet up with the rest of the family for Miss Ingrid's special day. We arrived about noon. The Baptism was scheduled in Georgetown's Holy Trinity Church for 2:45. We got everyone assembled, had a snack and off we all went! It was cold and windy. We followed Kent across the Key (as in Francis Scott) Bridge. That is really convienent. Drops you right from the GW parkway into Georgetown. We found parking and walked over to the church. IT WAS SERIOUSLY COLD AND WINDY! brrr. We wrapped Lon up in my mother's pashmina so he would stay warm. It was only a couple of blocks we walked. No big deal.



















Some of the interior of Holy Trinity. It is a very pretty Historic Church. The Baptism was just that . Seven families had their children baptized in an afternoon ceramony. I have to say that Ingrid had the only custom gown. There are a few times in a girl's life when off the rack just will not do. And her baptism should be one of them.

Miss Ingrid looks at her Aunty Suzy from Mommy's shoulder.

Miss Ingrid is also wearing the heart shaped locket given to her by her Great Grandmother Presken. It is a very nice locket.


A rather blurry picture of Matthew. He is all dressed up just like Daddy. A shirt and tie, with a dark blue suit. He looked very grown up for just turned 3. Matthew was in constant motion before the ceramony. Once the service started he was very well behaved. He is really a very good boy.

My favorite picture of Karen and Miss Ingrid.

I am just going to put up some photos of the ceramony. They were third in line to get Ingrid baptized. No one up until then got out in the aisle to take photos. I figured what was the worst they could do, tell me I have to get back in the pew? After I took a bunch of photos of Ingrid getting baptized, the other families went out into the aisle to take photos also. That is me, such a trend setter.



Miss Ingrid is now a member of th Catholic Church!

I am now going to put up some photos of the family. It was so nice we could all be together for this.


Miss Ingrid, Her parents and her God parents.


Miss Ingrid and her family

After the ceramony we all went back to Karen's home and had a lovely dinner! It was great. Roast pork stuffed with dried fruit, sauted red cabbage, spatzel, roasted asperagus and assorted grilled squashes. For dessert we had assorted pastries and a real *girly* cake. It was a white chocolate cake, filled with cream and raspberries, with lady fingers on the edge. All Karen told them was she wanted a real girly type cake. It was a great cake!


MMmm cake.....

We all had a great day. It was so much fun. I am glad Mark, Lon and I were there.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful church, beautiful kids beautiful gown and wow, what a cake! (I think I went into a sugar coma just looking at it :)

Anonymous said...

WOW it is so awsome to see old friends!! hope karen will remember me!! what a beautiful family! hope to keep in touch with you all!!p.s. the little brown house is still standing(and growing)