Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Lumpia!

I have been wanting Lumpia for a long long time. I have no source for good lumpia anymore having left Ketchikan.  BUT I did have a recipe.  A good recipe from a master.  It sort of scares me a little to make something I really really like and have never made before.  I bit the bullet. Invited some friends over to help me roll them.  I made the filling last night. A big batch. I tried to roll about 10, so we would have something to eat tonight. Along with sesame noodles, with shrimp and chicken. 
Daddy and Uncle Chong playing with the kids. 
Michelle was using her considerable skills to separate the lumpia wrappers before we started rolling. Glad we got extra wrappers, some of them Just would not come apart!
Michelle teaching us the proper way to roll. Megan made an asparagus, broccoli and cheese one.
Stacking up the finished product!  MMMM. I have lumpia in my freezer!!
They look right!
And they tasted good too! 
Lon was having a great time with all the kids over. He and Grace were doing some crafts. Brian, Kayla, Lon and Grace played all sorts of fun games. Everyone had a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun days make for great memories.
Miss all that. Love,
Mom