Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW! Day 3

This morning we were hoping that the school district would cancel school. Last year it seemed they canceled school when snow threatened. This year they did not cancel school while it was actively snowing!
School was not canceled, it was two hours late start. It was snowing when we started our walk to school
The little Home Depot snowman we passed on the way.
Can you see our footprints from when we left? Almost all filled in
Lon did not stay long at school. Two hours.  I had just enough time to get some work done when I got a call from the school telling me to come get him.  Lon made a quick snowman at school. He wanted to be sure that Grandma saw it.
The Home Depot snowman, with more snow on top
Lon admiring the work I did.  I learned two things from doing this. One, my driveway is HUGE and two, I really need a proper snow shovel.   After the admiring was over, Lon and I had another snowball fight. He did great on the walk home. I know he hates it. But now he can tell his future children that HE walked to school up hill, in the snow, both ways. And it will be true! To get to Lon's school from here, we go down the hill, take a left up the hill. Of, course we reverse it on the way home.  Which makes it up hill both ways.  Lon did not get the significance of this yet. Someday I hope he will.
We came in after Lon beat me in snowball fighting, again, for some warm up hot chocolate. 
School has been canceled for tomorrow. We are supposed to get historic levels of snow.   We will see, the amount of hype is high.  This makes me think it might not be much. We will let you know tomorrow !

No comments: