Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

SNOW! Day 2

Yep, it snowed again today and never got warm enough to melt what we already had. It was cold last night, about 24 here at the house overnight.   Today school was closed to MLK day, so there was no problems. Mark went to work in the morning, but was home around noon. 
Lon woke up to a new hoody!
Lon wanted to wear his new hoody while setting up an epic battle between the Black Pearl and the Queen Anne's Revenge
The Black Pearl, he built this ship yesterday. In one day. All by himself. 
Shooting the cannons off! Lon would fire, I would get a chance to fire back. He won the battle.
Then it was back outside for some fun in the snow. Lon was disappointed that the snow had frozen overnight. It was not mushable, no snowballs could really be made.
He had some fun moving snow around.
Starting to get a little cold. We went back inside and Lon had a warm up bath.  We had lunch and watched the new snow fall.
Lon got out the Spirograph. I found the 1986 version of the toy at Goodwill. I wanted one when I was a kid.  Lon thinks it is so cool. It is. We drew some pictures today, some for us and some for Grandma.  We used colored pencils instead of pens.
After I got dinner started, Lon and I went out side for an epic snow battle! Lon was so happy to throw snow at Mommy. He thought that was the best thing. He would laugh like crazy every time he hit me with snow. The rules were he could run up and hit me with snow, but I had to stay where I was and throw the snowballs at him.  He won the snow ball fight
He would run when I threw a snowball, made it harder to hit him, but I got a few hits in.
We found the snow shovel in the garage. The walkway is clear and just a little of the driveway.
We came inside and I finished making dinner! Homemade pizza. YUMMY! 
Now we are just waiting to see if we go to school in the morning. IF we do have school, we are walking up the hill.  

No comments: