Search This Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yesterday afternoon we went over to Uncle Chong and Auntie Michelles.  The kids were playing very nicely together.  While Michelle worked in the kitchen, the rest of the adults made Mandoo. Dumplings, in Korean. Michelle had already made the filling and the wrappers were all set, so fill them we did. Michelle told us we did a very nice job making dumpling.  She cooked them in a soup with rice cakes and we had them for dinner. TASTY!  And we got to take some home with us!  YUMMY.  The reason we have no photos is that Mark and I both forgot our cameras!  
Sadly, the holiday rush and excitement caught up with Lon and he got sick.  We went home, Mark and Lon stayed home. I told our friend Cheri I would come over to her New Year's party. I went for about an hour and then came home and cuddled up with Lon till he fell asleep. Then Mark fell asleep. I watched the fireworks on the Space Needle, then I went to bed!  Lon was fine when he woke up.  I thought he would be.
Today we started taking down the huge amount of decorations I put up for Christmas. All the boxes are now in the living room waiting to be filled.  I will get it all back to normal by Friday.  It did not take a day to put up, it will take a little longer to take down and put away properly.
In the middle of bringing up boxes, our neighbor came over with dumplings! Chinese dumplings, not sure of the Chinese word for dumplings. I need to learn that.  We took a break and devoured them!
These dumplings are so yummy. They were warm and wonderful!  Thank you, Chen!
Now I am going to start our dinner of pork, red cabbage, sauerkraut, and applesauce.  I still do not like black eyed peas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have feeling that you will have a very good year in 2012 since you had good amounts of dumplings to start :)
Happy New Year!

Michelle

suzy said...

I hope this year is wonderful, and if it is, I will credit dumplings!