Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Little Side Trip on the Way Home!

Instead of going straight home from camping we  decided at the last minute to go to Smallwoods!  I did get some more marianades and salad dressings. We got some apples too!
Mark feeding the geese. I don't like feeding the geese. I just keep remembering Karen feeding the geese at the marina and they are not nice.  I think I did get it in the photo of one of them biting Mark!
Llama! Pretty and they are so gentle in taking the feed from your hands! I fed a little to them. I turned around to a goat and an alpca on the other side of the path to feed them. The goat and the alpaca were talking to me. Mainly, give us more food, but make sure you give less to her! As I was feeding a little handful to the brown alpaca, the goat girl tried to eat my sweatshirt!  I really liked that sweatshirt too!  Lon was a little out of sorts at the petting zoo. Not sure why, but after we left that part, he worked it out and was much better
I took Lon inside to wash our hands. On our way out of the bathroom we saw the store cat. I think her name is Maggie or Katie. Not sure which. She is a very nice cat. Lon petted her  gently.
At the other end of the field, they had a small birthday part going on. As part of their entertainment, they had the pumpkin cannon fired twice! SO much fun! Little pumpkins fly HIGH and go very very far.  It was fun to see
We walked through the pumpkin patch barn into this lovely landscaped area. It looked very familiar. It was landscaped by the people from The Fruit Stand on the Corner. Across from the 59'er Diner!
I made Lon pose for a tremendous amount of pictures with the pumpkins!
LOVE this one!
One more good one!
Lon loves those cut out things. Do they have a real name?
We drove into Cashmere to have lunch before going home. We tried the Mexican place, Casa Grande. We won't be back. It as okay, but not really good. We will try another place next time! Brian's Pizza is still a good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkin photos. You could make a collage of teh5 years of pumpkin photos.. Hint..I think it would be so cute. I remember all the pumpkin photos we took when he was so tiny.