Search This Blog

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Operation Secret Mission

I wanted to come out and surprise my sister for her son's (my nephew) First Holy Communion. It was tough not to say anything.
We, Lon and I got in a day or so early and we did some fun things before we wrapped up the mission.
First off, we took Lon to Chancellorsville Battle Field. I wanted something educational as he was missing school for two entire kindergarten days
Priorities first: Carl's. Soft serve ice cream. SO good!
Guess where we are?
a diorama. Those things are cool Mom!
Stonewall Jackson Memorial. I took his photo here when he was in his stroller as a baby. Not a baby anymore!



Cannon over looking the field near where the Chancellor's house once stood
The best part of a battle field is the field! Lon loves to run and run he did all over!
Looking at the footprint of the Chancellor's house. it was a huge home. Mrs. Chancellor lived there with 6 daughters until the battle when it burned to the ground. They fled the house but I do not know what happened to them after that. I will find out.
The ruins of the Catherine Furnace
Back at Grandma's house. Lon is reading to Grandma!
The horse drawn carriage through downtown Fredericksburg! It was wonderful. I have wanted to do that for a while. So we did!
clip clop through the town
Lon with Peggy the horse. hello, my name is Peggy. I think I watch too much tv
Another diorama at the Sunken Road. I think I see us making some of those in our future
Guess where we are? Part two
More running!
Munchkin Man. We passed a dunkin dounuts and had to stop and get some!!
Sweeping up peanut shells after dinner. Lon wanted to help the waitresses out. They thought he was very sweet, which he is.
the end of a long long day
Operation Secret Mission has been concluded successfully!  Karen was surprised and pleased. The church was beautiful. The service was wonderful. The children adorable. 
The 10 month old puppy got niece's new doll, but not for very long. No harm was done to either the dog or the doll
Lon enjoyed his day. His fudge pop was yummy!
Hiding pup.
We are having a great time. Lon and I are learning alot, being out in the nice sunshine and being with Family!


No comments: