Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Little Toy Train

Today we finished decorating the tree. In between rain drops we got the empty ornament boxes put away. The floor is now all clean, Lon even took up his town rug. This was all in preparation for the Train! At a sidewalk sale, earlier this fall, we became the proud owners of an "O" gauge Christmas Train. Lionel North Pole Central!  It has a smoke feature, and a car that plays Christmas music (which I did not get the 9v battery for. It is on my list for tomorrow). We put the track together. It just fits around the tree. No need, this year, for extra track.  I bored the boys by reading, aloud, the manual.
Not the most flattering photo. I am putting the train on the track. It is tricky, you have to get it just so.

Here she comes! The smoke feature works well, stinks a bit, but works well.

Daddy! This is so cool. I want to play with it, and take it off the track and put it on and play with it and it is so cool.

HAHA! Mom let me DRIVE the train! Until I cranked it up to super high speed and the engine derailed. Then I was sort of done for a while.  But I got to DRIVE! I can not wait to do it again!  ALL DAY LONG!

Lon went and got his engineer hat so he could have better control of the train. He is still so excited!

The finished tree, with train. Something I always wanted and now I was able to get this for Lon!  I hope we can enjoy this for many more years.  There are expansion packs for next year too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. It looks like Suzy's Christmas House. Have fun.
Love.
Mom