Search This Blog

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Advent Calendars and Outside Lights

I thought I would combine two tiny blogs into one.  Lon got a wonderful advent calendar from his Godmother.  He LOVES it. It is a Lego City advent calendar. So far, there has been a snow man, a kid with a sword, a skateboard and ramp, a chainsaw and a drum set with a chair. Some very fun stuff!
Opening the snow man, day 1

This is how you put it together. Lon is becoming a lego expert

Putting it away and getting ready for school. (this is right before he hurt himself and came back and put his jammies back on and cuddled most of the day) See previous blog
Today, we saw three of our squirrels enjoying breakfast together. Turns out we now have 5. I thought I was being clever by putting the bird feeder on a hook just outside the kitchen window. Well, no. they now know to jump from the rail to the kitchen window screen, climb that, then jump to the feeder. Silly squirrels. 
Lon really really wanted to get on the roof with me to hang lights.. I would not let him get on the upper roof. That is not safe. (well, not really even for me). When I got up on the garage roof to hang the lights on Lon's window I told him if he sat on the roof he could be with me.  Literally, he jumped at that!  It did not take him too long to figure out this was not so fun. and it was time to get down.  He just wanted to see what it felt like to be on the roof like Santa. He even brought a Reindeer with him.

What it looks like at night.  I am going to get 10 more lumiarios to go across the front of the porch, and another garland for the rail. But I think that will be it for this year.  The window were so much easier this year. Since I lost the second outlet for lights due to the new garage fridge, I called Mr. Heyde to see about putting in a new outlet at the end of the porch. It was easy! He did a great job and it works perfectly! I like the way the house looks. Now, it can rain. After I go to the post office on Wednesday, it can snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute of Lon. Your home looks so pretty. You all did a good job, love the deck. CHristmas is alive and well at your home. '
Love,
Mom