Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Saturday Fun on the Coast

Saturday Morning we got up, went to the continental breakfast - with waffles! Then went out to the beach to enjoy the minus tide!  A minus 1.8! woohoo!
Lon went out with his net to hunt for crabs! He wanted to get something in his net!

Lon's little crab that has ceased to be long before he caught it in his net.  We put it back into the sea.

Watching the water come in

a wonderful morning rainbow

Running, always running!

Some sea life that has been exposed due to the minus tide. I am not going to put in all the beauty beach shots I took. As I said before, it is hard to take a bad photo on the coast. I found my first agate that morning. A small moonstone. Mark found an L shaped piece of sea glass.

After a little more playing on the beach, we went down to Newport. We did some shopping first, then went to the Yaquina Bay Light House. It was open! We finally got to go in! I LOVE Lighthouses!

They had the lens inside, and the whole house was still period furnished. It was very interesting. The kitchen and the pantry were so tiny.  The whole house was tiny rooms, but well furnished and it looked like it was a comfortable place to live.

Around the back of the house, a docent was showing children of all ages some of the games that were played to pass the time. The one Mark is attempting is called Graces. I saw something like that at Colonial Williamsburg too. I think we will look into getting a set.

We went downtown to see the Sea Lions. There were two sunning themselves. One was a sleeping lump and this one who had lots of itches.  He kept scratching himself with his flipper and looked like her really enjoyed it.

Another beauty shot

Looking at the fishing boats.  After this, we went back to Lincoln City. Lon and Daddy went to the beach, I went to town and did a little walking around. I got my charm (a tiny crab) and a doughnut for Lon. After we met up again, the boys went swimming in the hotel pool. Lon loves the hot tub, but we only let him in for two or three minutes then he has to go back to the pool. He was having a great time. We went to dinner at a place called Kyllo's. It was wonderful!  I had halibut and prawns, which were amazing. Mark had Cioppino. Lon had fish and chips. It was all so good. I highly recommend the restaurant.  Lon went to bed a little earlier on Saturday than he did on Friday night. We love the coast! 

No comments: