Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Lon LOVES the Big Pool!

Lon is waiting on the steps of the BIG pool for his first lesson. He was nervous about it. He kept asking me, what happens if I sink? Will someone help me? I told him I would be right there, there was nothing to worry about.
Surprise! It is the same swim coach that was his P2 coach! She knows Lon, which made Lon feel instantly comfortable.  He was ready to SWIM!
Star floats with very little help. He can do this!
 He knows it, and is proud of himself!
A line of kickers!  The coach has 5 kids, I think there is an extra one. The sign in sheet only had 4 names on it. The coach is getting a helper for the rest of the session.
Moving right along. We are going to practice kicking when Mommy can get back into the pool
Back floats. Another thing that will need some work,  he is getting much better at it.
The Kick board!! This is super fun. I told Lon we could play more with that when we go to open swim together on Thursday.  He was pretty excited that Mommy is going to help him with his lessons. He is really starting to get the idea! Getting into the big pool has really helped with that.  I am so glad he likes the big pool.

1 comment:

Jim said...

He has mastered the big pool (which by the way looks very fun), now onto the ocean! :)