Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did!! There were 15 people at my table, even thought Rahul and Prachi came a little late. I am glad that Prachi is feeling better

Theresa was over yesterday afternoon. (She brought us lunch! How nice is that!!) She brought us extra tables and chairs too. And she set the table! WOW! What a great person. This is how my table looked last night before I went to bed.

Getting ready to do some serious cooking!


Here is Lon in his super fancy outfit. I laid out his snoopy fall shirt and chinos, but he wanted to wear this outfit with the tie, suspenders and vest. He liked his tie.


Then it was Mr. Goofy Face.






The first look at the turkey. I thought I had set the turkey on fire earlier. I put the giant turkey (25.9 pounds) in the paper bags (it took two) and put it in the oven. I was doing other things when the smoke alarm went off. The house was filled with smoke, I opened the oven and more smoke poured out. I saw flame! But the turkey itself was fine. The grease from the bags dripped onto the hot plate bottom of my oven. The oven did not like it one little bit. I put a large tray under the turkey and wiped out the bottom of the oven with a wet towel on a stick. It turned out fine. I found out the fans work great, the new furnace fan cleared out the house in minutes. Later on tonight, after I finish the dishes I will run a clean cycle on the oven.



Getting ready to feast!


Miss Ashley! She called last night, finally letting me know she was here. She is working and saving money so she can go to college next year. It was really nice to see her! She was also super helpful, filling glasses, clearing the table!

Still waiting on the feast.


The cook. Yep, it's me.

Uncle Chong and Uncle Vasu.

Chong thinks my mother ROCKS. And she does.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW SUe. You did have a great Thanksgiving! You home looks so nice, filled with friends. I am sure the dinner was fantastic. Thanks for posting last night, I know you were tired.
Love you,
Mom

Jim said...

OMG, sleep is so overrated. Again, you outdo yourself!

(And yes, DCM does rock)

Vasudev said...

We enjoyed a lot. We will never forget this Thanksgiving for so many reasons. To name a few we as a family celebrated together but with Harshitha Joining us. We always cherished the friendship and love at the table. Lots of loads of fun over there. Hope we celebrate like this every year.

Peace,
Vasu

suzy said...

Thanks Mom. It was fun! But we missed you!

suzy said...

Yes, it is true, Sleep is overrated. But it is fun!

suzy said...

Thank you Vasu for your heartfelt comments. We will always celebrate together! You, Harshita and any little ones too! We were very glad you were able to come to our feast!

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for having us there. You and Mark are wonderful!

Michelle