Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Driving to Shelburne Falls



We left Vermont, on our way south.


I liked this pumpkin patch. Vermont spelled out in pumpkins.



We stopped at the bronze elk to stretch our legs. The Elk was made as a memorial to the fallen Elk Club members of World War 1. It was dedicated on June 17, 1923. The money was raised by Elks all over New England. The Monument is in Florida Mass. (one of the town signs has a snow man and a palm tree. Super cute!) It is a Whitcomb Summit, an elevation of 2,800feet.


They have a time capsule buried there. Opening in just a few more years.

Are you watching me? I am going to run.


Coming back at you!







Color



I did not see the bear crossing sign when I snapped this. I thought the color was good. The bear sign was a bonus.









I love these little motel cottages. Someday I think we should actually stay in one. Although I think that it will not measure up to what I think it will be.

A roadside stand on the Mohawk trail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Elk On The Trail" statue, Whitcomb's Summit.
Florida, Mass. Whitcomb Summit, near the western border of town, is the highest point along the trail, and has an observatory, as well as a monument to the Elks Club.

Anonymous said...

Link to info about Elk

http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/elk487/trail.html

suzy said...

Thanks Honey. I will update the blog with some of this information.