Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cupcakes and a Knight Preview


On Saturday we made Italian Cream Cupcakes. They are soooooo yummy! We frosted them on Monday morning. Lon put on the sprinkles. He did a great job.

I think I will be making these again. Lon likes them too.
Tonight I worked on Lon's Knight costume for an upcoming party. You can't really see all the detail. The lion (of course) is outlined in silver and the tabs on the sleeves and around the bottom are also detailed in silver thread. I will post a photo or 5 of Lon in the outfit when the silver shin guards are done and Lon is awake. Sometimes I miss sleep....
Even though it looks like the sleeves are different lengths, they are not.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful on both counts! Lon is one lucky kid to have a uber talented mom who obviously doesn't require any sleep! :)

suzy said...

Thank you! It is always nice to hear.

Anonymous said...

So do tell what is different about an Italian Cream cupcake - as compared to a box of cake mix cup cake with canned frosting??? LOL Although you probably have never made the latter?

Oh Martha....

Pam (and Hunter)

Jim said...

Update, update! :)

suzy said...

Pam, Irish butter is the main difference. mmmmmm, the cupcakes sort of melt. And yes, I have made the cupcakes with frosting from a box and a can. I just don't do that very often.