Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Preparing for the Feast!


The day before Thanksgiving, Lon and I were busy getting ready for our Feast!

I let Lon push the button on the Cuisinart! We were making up some Mock Boursin. Scared the daylights out of Lon when the machine came to life. It is very loud.







While Mommy got the pies ready, Lon was making concoctions in his contraption. I called it a contraption once, Lon's lovely stand from his GrammaLyn, and that is all Lon can call it now. He LOVES this stand. I like it because it keeps him safer than standing on a chair. He has side rails all the way around. No falling off of it!









I gave Lon some sugar, some spices, a little bit of pumpkin, some sprinkles and a little bit of pie dough and whatever else I had a little bit of leftover. The sprinkles, those were key. EVERYTHING has to have sprinkles.




One of our pumpkin pies. I painted the leaves with food coloring.



The mince tartlettes I forgot about and are now in the freezer till Christmas....


The pecan pie that seemed to evaporate.


Showing Daddy our concoction.

No comments: