Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brian!

On Sunday Afternoon we went to Brians! He turned ONE! How fun is that?


Don't you just LOVE Brian's hair? He is the CUTEST one year old around!





I leaned over and then raised up fast, Brian still liked that. I first did that at Gracie's party.











Speaking of Miss Gracie, there she is! With Uncle Vasu.

This is Miss Sarah and her Daddy. I found out she reads our happy little blog. What a cutie she is!










We had some GREAT food. Lon tried a little bit of some things, he really liked the sesame noodles. There was Korean barbecue. Mark told me the Kim Chee was really great! Super hot. I did not try it, I am a whimp. Lon smelled it, but gave it a pass.


She is adorable, I am not sure who she is. The little lady went around collecting all the balloons she could!










Brian in his traditional Korean clothes. Chong is so proud I think he is going to burst a button.






A Birthday Cake!









In Korean custom, a tray is laid out in front of the one year old. It has a bunch of items on it. Money, rice, a ball of string, a ball, a blood pressure cuff and a pen. Those are the items I can remember. Each is supposed to represent a possible future. The pen represents scholarly activity, that is what Brian chose.



The Cookie Monster Pinata was a BIG hit!

Lon LOVED his piece of cake! Yummy! There were also traditional Korean sweets. They had one with bean paste in them! Mommy LOVES those. I have to find out what they are called! We got a box with rice cake, and the bean sweets in it as a take home favor! Yummy!
Lon got his own little goodies bag too. It has some bubbles in it, some candy and a super bouncy ball.
Lon had a great time, as did we all. Lon was asleep, out for the night, just as we hit the freeway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Thanks for the pictures. I can't believe we just had a first birthday party for Brian. We had a wonderful time having everyone at the party. I'm glad you guys had a great time especially Lon. Next time you should try Kimchee with Mark :)

Michelle

suzy said...

Thank you Michelle. Next time I will try the Kimchee. Promise. We did have a really great time.
Susan