Search This Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Our last day in Fredericksburg


On the last day Lon and I were in Fredericksburg we went downtown. Our plan was a little last minute shopping and going to the Rising Sun Tavern. We got the shopping done, but I was getting hungry. Very hungry. We went to a place we had never been into before. Sammy T's. It is a bar. Great place. It has a painted paper mache ceiling. Our waiter said it was done in the 30s as a cheaper alternative to pressed tin, but when it finally needs replacing they will go back to pressed tin. I looked over the menu, Mom and Grandma were certain they were having the borcht. I had not yet had Crab Cakes, so I ordered the two crab cakes. I thought they were the normal size ones, about the size of your palm and about 1/4 inch thick. The ones that came were the size of softballs! I am glad I got two. Mom could not eat her soup, it was very spicey borscht. I was more than happy to share the crab cakes. Very yummy. I would definitely be going back there. We never made it to the Rising Sun. While we were eating, I looked through the Fredericksburg tourist info. They had an advertisement for a local jeweler that has custom made charms, of Kenmore, Rising Sun Tavern and there will be more of local things coming soon. I was very pleased with them. I bought a Kenmore charm, but since we never made it to Rising Sun, I will get that one later.

Lon and I petted the Belgian Draft Horses that take people around Historic Downtown Fredericksburg. Lon thought they were very special.

No comments: