Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On the Road




Monday the 16th, we packed the car and headed for New Kensington, PA.

We checked into a hotel and Lon promptly found the phone. We later unplugged and hid the phone in the drawer. I hope they found it.
Lon amuses himself climbing into his stroller.













The next morning, we had some family stuff to do. Lon got to meet Joe Yetka. What a nice man. It has been too long since I had seen him, I was 13 the last time!

Lon had so much fun with his smiley face waffle at Eat N Park. He ate most of that big thing!


We went up to Dugan's cemetery to see the new stone. After, we went to Joe and JoAnnes. It was so nice to be able to visit with them.
When we left Joe and JoAnnes's s we decided to go up to see the farm.


This is the road leading up to the farm.
My Dad used to roam around all over. He found arrowheads and all sorts of really cool boy stuff!

I have some pictures from the 50s that show cows in this pasture.

We went to see Grandmother's friend Betty. Lon had to be fully changed, but he got away from me and started to run around her living room in his diaper and shoes. He was enjoying himself. We got him a Terrible Towel and we found Lon a football helmet from Valley High School. This was where both his Grandparents went to High School.

This is Angus. Billy, my cousin, was home, but Aunt Gen wasn't. We were packed, out of the smelly hotel, so we set off for our next destination.

The colors were so pretty! Even though we could not stop every time we saw something pretty I think Lon and I got some good shots out the window. He was such a good traveler. He was so tired when we left he slept most of the way to Hershey. I could not think of a better place to stop for the night!

No comments: