Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Mission for Curious George

Lon checks out his breakfast dish.

Today, after the furniture in the living room got rearranged. I called every fabric store on the Eastside in a quest for Curious George fabric. I did not know there was such a thing as Curious George fabric. I saw some on ebay (of course). I would not get it in time if I bought it there. Every where I called, no I am sorry we are out. After 20 minutes on hold. One store said they had some but it was flannel. hmmmm. They were also very busy. It seems dead presidents equals a huge shopping frenzy. Miss Sarah, the neighbor, and Lon and I headed out. We were going to find some, at least enough to make the little guy SOMETHING. We showed up at Crossroads, which is an interesting little mall. The food court is the main thing there, (more on that later) and the giant chess board that always seems busy. We found the correct section, juvenile licensed fabric. NOTHING. Bubkiss. We kept searching. Miss Sarah found some *my little pony* fabric she had to have. (she is 15). I spotted something out of the corner of my eye, in the return trolly. There is was! YES! The last 3 yards of Curious George fabric on the eastside! Amazing. It was wonderful. It has now been washed and ready to go. Tomorrow I will start something. After my major trip to the Post Office.
The gown is done. Buttons, everything, even a new added feature. It needed some back detail, so I gave it some. Nice. The bonnet is done. With embroidery. The slip is done. I am letting it all dry (getting the blue out) and then in the morning it gets boxed and overnighted with beucoup insurance. I feel as though we accomplished something today. Moved furniture, found fabric, finished gown. A good day.
Okay, I read somewhere that when you blog you should try to avoid the cheese sandwhich type blog. As in, today, tuesday, I had a cheese sandwhich, it was good. The more I thought about it, the more that this is going to be a cheese sandwhich blog. Little things in Lon's life.

No comments: