Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ing's gown and slip





This is Ing's gown. and the slip too. I am going to go up and work on the bonnet in a mintue. I need to do the buttons, but I always have to do the buttons.
There are some detail pictures of the embroidery. I hope it is okay and everyone likes it, as it is almost too late to change it in any significant way. The slip is a little longer than the dress -- just the lace peeks out from under the dress. Like I said before, it is a *simpler* gown than Lon's but in no way did I skimp of the construction. The bodice is fully lined, (sleeves included), there is piping where the bodice attaches to the gown, (perfectly placed), the lace is of the finest quality. The seams are all frenched. Heirloom quality throughout. The slip the seams are all frenched also. No skimping allowed for my niece!
Gotta go do the buttons and the bonnet. No problem! The bonnet will also have the same embroidery and be fully lined.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Suzy, Inc. - think about it :) You are very talented and people will pay for that!

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree, you are very talented/ I cannot wait to see the dress. See you on Friday evening. Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh Suzy! It is LOVELY! thank you so much for being such a wonderful Aunt! Yeah - Ingrid will treasure it always. Thank you Sue!

We are looking forward to seeing you Friday.

Love, KK

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments. I am just so pleased that the gown made it to DC in one piece, no harm done to it. The gown will be ready for Sunday. ! whew!