Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2018

Disney Day 4! Back to the Magic Kingdom

We have been spending lots of time in the Magic Kingdom this trip. And we still did not see and do everything they have to offer!
We stood in line for a long time for a mickey cinnamon roll. Lon says we should not have done it. They looked good, the edges were good, but they were under cooked.

They did look good

We did not make it to the Country Bear Jamboree.  Something for next time. But we did see a random Country Bear and got a quick snap

We love they still do horse drawn wagons

After a few rides, we went over to the Contemperary Hotel for Chef Mickey's Buffet.
It turned out at 1pm it was brunch. Mickey Waffles, and shrimp!

Mickey shaped pasta in the chicken soup!


Minnie Hugs!
From Goofy too

One of the reasons I love Goofy.

He really is Goofy

Donald!

They brought Lon a Birthday Cupcake!

Pluto showed up last, but he is always worth the wait

The view of Bay Lake from our table.

After lunch we took a quick break back to the room. This wonderful cooler filled with ALL these snacks was waiting for us in our room! It was from my Disney Secret Pal! What an amazing gift!

Back to the Magic Kingdom. We were going to go to Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, but it was almost 4 pm and they close at 5. Something for next time.
Lon spotted the ducklings.  He did not try to touch them. He just wanted to watch them.

Using our Fast Pass for the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

It started pouring while we were on the Mine Train. We got soaked, but we bought two ponchos anyway to keep us a little drier.
Our fast pass for Big Thunder got canceled, as we entered the line, but the ride was shut down due to rain. I was getting too hot at the point we were in line.  We did keep the fast pass for Splash Mountain.  Looks like we were going to get to do that one in the dark!

No matter what the weather is, the Castle is gorgeous

Lon made a wish. I am pretty sure his wish was to come back again soon

Due to rain, the memory maker photographers were not really around so I took Lon's picture in the sweet spot

I was wearing my Tinkerbell shirt, so I made Lon go see Tinkerbell with me.  Such a sweet boy

When it was finally our turn, She looked at Lon and said, come on Lost Boy, and me, you too grown up. I looked behind me and said who are you talking too? She laughed and said well, you are very tall.  She noticed my shirt and I told her I made it. She informed me that she needs a new leaf dress and this one should have pockets. I had fun. So did Lon even though he does not look like it.

This one is one I took

Lon looked up wait times as soon as the fireworks started, and the Mine Train was only a 20 minute wait. We both looked at each other and said, let's go! Splash Mountain was still closed, so our fast pass would be honored when it reopened.

We came out of one of the mine tunnels as the fireworks were going off behind the Castle. THAT was amazing.  I highly recommend doing that.
I was noticing that maybe I had lost some weight, sitting in the ride cars was not hurting my knees, they seemed roomier.  So unless the refurbished each and every ride, I did lose weight. 
We still got to see some of the fireworks, it is a LONG show, and it is spectacular



Having fun. really.

We did get on Splash Mountain. We realized why it was closed so long, they were trying to get some of the water out. The downpour added a lot of water to the ride. Even once we got on it, it was really fast. The water was high and running fast.  It was good, but the cars were bunching up at the end since they were going at top speed.  We did wear our ponchos on the ride this time. Glad we did.

We did get on the teacups, I just did not get any photos this time.  Next time we will.
We trudged back to our bus. To me that is worth staying on property. After a full day at the park, I do not have to drive anywhere. I can rest on the bus.  Perfect.

No comments: