Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

DISNEY! Day 2, Magic Kingdom

Lon was up early. We had to wait till the park actually opened, but we were in line, but missed the rope drop fun beforehand, as we did not get the early bus

Lon wanted Splash Mountain as soon as possible. The lines would only get longer as the day got hotter, so we caught the train over to Frontier Land.



Lon got a bit annoyed with me because I took the camera out to take pictures while we were ON Splash Mountain.  He thought I was going to ruin my camera. I put it in the plastic bag and back in my bag after this.


We rode the train around to get back to Main Street.

Lon was getting hungry, we did not grab a snack before we left, so off to Pinocchio House for Lunch!

While we were on Main Street, I got Lon a set of Mouse Ears with his name. I realized that this is his fourth trip to Disney and this is the first time he had personalized ears!
This was also our first of many Mickey Straws. Yes, we brought all of them home.


We were exploring parts of the Magic Kingdom Lon had never seen before.  We do not see everything every time we go.


Lon had also never ridden Dumbo before !  We had to do that!

Well worth the wait

After Lunch it was HOT.  Lon had the brilliant idea of heading back to the resort and swimming for a little while, then coming back. Perfect.
Sadly, we ran into a problem. We made it back just fine, but once we got there, there was an ambulance in front of the hotel. We walked back to our room and noticed all the pools were closed and the life guards were in a large group, talking.  We did not ask what was going on, we just went to our room and cooled off a little bit.
I wanted to get an Orange Bird purse. the one I thought I wanted, I did not like in person. But this one, I did like and I was able to get a Seven dwarfs wallet. I love them both!

It was not too long before we were back at the Magic Kingdom. We had a fast pass for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Fast Pass line

Getting taller

We were leaving the Magic Kingdom right after we rode the Mine Train, because we had another adventure waiting for us!

Checking in !

For the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage!

Neither one of us had a clue on what was going to happen.  We knew it was a dessert party before hand, but other than that, we were going to just  have fun!

We had a ton of desserts and Mickey Bars!
Meeting Captain Hook and Mr, Smee was so much fun.

We got our boat assignment, we were Smee 10. So we were Smeeple.
The group was divided into two groups,  The Captain's boat and Smeeple.  Our pirate guides, as Mr. Smee and Captain Hook could not go with us, were both named Patch.  Easy to remember. They were both very funny.

View from the boat

The Electric Light Parade on the water



The fireworks were amazing from the little boat. 





Lon and Patch. It was a fun cruise

At the end, we got to meet Peter Pan, and have pictures taken with him. 
The cruise was fun, and we would do it again.


Photo pass pictures


I wanted to meet Edna but it was so hot and there were so many people waiting we decided to move on. I will always be sad about it.













I will keep looking to find some more great photo pass pictures.









No comments: