Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Folly Beach

Today we thougth we needed a bit of an adventure! We are not summer beach people, it is just too hot and crowded during the summer.  But we do LOVE the beach in winter. It rarely gets cold here, so it is always a fun time at the beach.
Love the light on the water this morning

Surfers. There were a few out there.

We wanted to try out the metal detector, we need more practice on how it really works. We did not find anything with it this time.  We will get better!!

Lon

Lon found a young beagle to play with!

Lots of people were out hunting shark teeth. I found one man who had found an entire baggie full. One was gorgeous, one still had it's serrated edge.

He helped me find one, showed me how to look for them.

We went to lunch at Rita's. Nice lunch. The fried shimp basket was very good, lightly breaded fresh shrimp. They were BIG and 14 of them in the basket!
Lon played with the dog who was behind us on the patio.

We walked down the street at Folly, seeing some of the fun things!

The shark tooth. While techinically this is the second one, the first one I lost. This one is now in one of my plastic jewel boxes.


On our way home we stopped at two new places, Sweet Belgium Waffles, in the Roper St Francis parking lot on Folly Road.  It was wonderful! We loved the waffles. Looking forward to coming back and trying more!

The second place was on 61, called Euro Market. An Eastern European grocery. It was a good thing we had lunch already, three were so many yummy things there ! We will be back before Easter!   The lady behind the counter wanted to sell me periogi and I said, I am sure they are delicious but I make my own. I think my grandmother would not be happy if I bought them!  But I will be back for the very nice borscht she told me about.
It was a wonderful day for an adventure.  It was great to be out on the beach!

No comments: