Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Friend, the author


This is just a quick blog to tell everyone about my friend, Samantha Vamos. She is going to have a great kids book out on March 19 !www.samanthavamos.com

From the book jacket:
"Before you were here, tu papi carved a mecedora from the wood of an old walnut tree so you and I could rock and cuddle together."
The members of a familia lovingly prepare for a new bebé. A tenderly written story, with Spanish words throughout, tells readers how Mami is eating healthy food, Papi is building a rocking chair, Abuela is painting elefantes and tigres in the nursery, and the hermano and hermana are helping with baby names. With its vibrant and warm illustrations, this debut picture book is perfect for expectant parents or children curious about the time before they were here.
Pre-order Before You Were Here, Mi Amor now
It is a great book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice sounding book. I canno t wait to see yours. Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Susan - My Google Alert just surprised me with an alert about "Sleepless in Babyland." Thank you so very much! I am just beaming. You are so very kind and thoughtful. And, then, of course, I had to take a peek at New Year's Eve (what a GREAT idea) and making the Gingerbread kit. I laughed. You are a Super Mom. There is no doubt. All best, Samantha

suzy said...

You could order one for youself Mom!

Jim said...

Wow, congrats to Samantha! That is quite an accomplishment. You certainly have some talented friends, Super Mom!