Search This Blog

Friday, March 09, 2007

In Like A Lion


March! The old saying seems to be true. In like a lion, I am just hoping it is out like a lamb!

We got a little over three inches of snow! I had to walk home from my meeting! It was only a mile, of course I was wearing the *cutest* little flats. (They no longer exist!) I was not afraid of my car's performance, it was other people jumping around cars, cars not moving, running red lights! I just found a parking lot and left my car there till the next afternoon. I felt that parking the car in a safe spot was going to be better for the car and me. The snow was so pretty. The next day it did not melt off till later in the afternoon. Lon's Baby Gym was cancelled, they cancel if kindergarten is canceled and the schools are on late shift. They did not cancel school this time, it was just two hours late, due to all the canceled school earlier.

Tonight they are predicting major rain and floods. Woohooo!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Youre right, it is beautiful. But isnt snow odd for your area this time of year?

Anonymous said...

You did the smart thing by parking the car, espically with the 2 hills you needed to navigate to get home. AND it makes a good story. In years tocome, it will be walking home in 3 feet of snow,up hill all the way. (That is a Yetka trait.)
Love you, Mom