Search This Blog

Friday, November 09, 2012

Veteran's Day Assembly

Today was the Veteran's Day Assembly at school.  It was fun, the kids all sang songs, and they learned some of the history of Veteran's Day. How is was originally called Armistice Day in 1919, then in 1954 how it changed to Veteran's Day. The day now honors all that served our nation.
Waving at Mom when he walks in with his class. he wore his bomber coat and Coast Guard shirt for today!
The kids all sang the songs on the screen. They also sang the songs from each military service. Including the Coast Guard!  That made me happy.
Lon is sitting still and paying attention. !
A quick run over to give Mom a hug before getting in his class line
That made me happy too!
He made it back to be first in line!
The kids had to go back to class for 1/2 an hour
and a few of us Moms went out to wait in the covered area
Which is where we met Chubs.  This is one fat squirrel.  He rubbed against my back as he walked down the brick wall we were sitting on.  I had brought in a plate of snickers brownies to share. I used Lon's Halloween candy. I got to bake and use up candy and it did not stay in the house!
This squirrel had no fear of people, he wanted a brownie. He wanted it NOW.  We tossed him some little bits, which he ate every bit just looking at us. Chubs ran off when I gave him a bigger bit.  When he was done, he looked over at us, I turned around and he ran straight at me!  I had to give him another bite. The bell rang and the kids came running out of school and he was gone up a tree!  I think he will be looking for me now.
As we were walking back to the car, one of Lon's friends said he was going to Dairy Queen.  Lon asked me if we could go too. I did not see a reason to say no.  It was fun. They listened to MineCraft Gangman style. Which was funny.
Then it was time to go home and pick up the popcorn for delivery!  Yippeee!
It was a fun day!

No comments: