Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bugs!

Wednesday was a half day at school! And to make it even more fun, the second graders had a bug stay in field trip!
They broke the three classes into two groups. Lon was in the first group, and they went to a class room. The movie A Bug's Life. This was not strictly fun and games, they had to write out the differences they saw between real bugs and Pixar bugs.
Once we saw most of A Bug's Life, we traded classrooms. We heard a very fun talk about bugs from a special guest. (I will try and remember her name and where she is from)
The kids loved it!
Lon, who is not a big fan of bugs, enjoyed her talk
When her talk was over it was time for recess, or the kids could stay in and see more bugs.  The walking stick bugs were the ones she was showing and some headless tarantulas. (ew)
Lon was interested
Until she said they could touch them and was going to let them get up close and personal with Mr. Walking Stick.
Then it was time to go back to class and finish up a writing assignment.   I was no longer needed to help out, so I took the opportunity to run to the store and get the last copy of A Bug's Life so Lon could see the end of it. (I did not know they only had one copy when I walked into the store!) Lon thought I was the best mom. EVER.  (I love those moments)

No comments: