Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pumpkin Patch


This is the first time Lon and I have ever been to a pumpkin patch. It was very nice.
Cox Farms in central Virginia. Lots of pumpkins and everyone who had a wristband (proof of paid admission) got to take a sugar pie pumpkin home. Our three are now in Grandma's yard. I took home the pumpkin in the sweater!

There were fun things for all ages at Cox Farm's Pumpkin patch. A bridge to climb. Lon liked it at the top, not too wild about getting to the top, but he liked it once he got up there.

Lon and I fed goats. Mommy likes goats. Especially pygmy goats. They have never eaten my shirt.

We went on a hayride. I do not remember ever being on a hay ride before. How fun! It was long. They had all sorts of strange creatures on the pathways. Some were very well done, some were just plywood cut outs. It was eclectic. I liked it. Lon seemed to like it too.









This is the inside of the scary barn. It was not scary, not even for Lon. The lights were pretty.

Lon and Grandma dance to the live music!

PIGLETS!! Lon loves piglets. His face lights up at the mention that there are piglets near by.

Lon studied the pumpkins and other assorted gourds.



Lon and I took home some yummy cider too.

It was a beautiful day, fairly warm and dry.

No comments: