Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Geography Bee

Lon was chosen to participate in the Geography Bee. This was his first competition. He had to take a written test to move on to the question level. He was doing well.
Every time he was asked a question I made sure to turn around so I would not even have a hint of me helping him.


He was having fun, not missing questions. Until a question about a National Park with an odd name and he had to say were it was. I had never heard of it either. It was the National Park in Puerto Rico.   He did not make it to the next round. 
It seems like that is the way things are going this year. It is 7th grade, so these things are all new this year for him, next year he will have an idea of what to expect.  Lon was also on the Dimensions U team. That is a video math game competition. I was not able to attend this since it was held at Spaywar and I can not get onto base.  Lon said he had fun.  It was a low country wide meet, and again, they did not make it past the first few rounds.   Lon is having fun being able to be a part of all the academic competitions. 

No comments: