Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pacific Science Center Field Trip

Friday, May 10, we went on our second grade field trip! I was honored to be a chaperone to 5 second grade boys. They were all wonderful.
On the bus. On the way to the Pacific Science Center, Lon sat with me.
The view from the bus
Learning about whales. A replica whale skull was out for the kids to touch and explore
Playing with the water stuff. Fountains, archemedies screws, water cannons at targets, all sorts of fun things. And it is WATER
Inside, dancing on lights. Keep your feet on the colored lights you choose!
Operating the Apollo capsule.
I have turned it right side up several times, so ...
Bugs!  Bugs on rotting food, how it would look.
Butterfly room. We had to wait outside for our turn to go in.  We had to watch our step, some of the butterflies like to land on the ground.  We did not step on any of them.  We saw lots of beautiful butterflies and learned some of the things they eat. Bananas and oranges are good choices if you are a butterfly
The butterfly colors are so beautiful
The boys took apart this bug and then they figured out how to put him back together. As a team. It was very fun
On the slug
Lunch time. I made Lon's lunch and my friend, Brandy, brought me a wonderful sandwich from Sarducis. Yummy yummy
On the way back to the bus, my boys, posing for a photo.  They were all very well behaved and wonderful to have as my boys for the day

No comments: