Search This Blog

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Evergreen State Fair!

Sunday, the 30th of August, we went to the Evergreen State Fair. The first booth we saw was the KIRO TV 7 booth. Have your photo taken with an on air personality. Lon thought it might be fun, so he did. Everyone liked his Scooby-Doo shirt. He would tell everyone who said they liked it, my mommy made it cause she loves me. Is he not the sweetest boy in the world?
I like carousels. The cat is wonderful
Fall displays...
There was not a sign that said do not get on the cow. I think they put up one later
Lon likes the put your head in for photo things
Lon rides the ponies again. Where he got the hat, I have no clue. When he got off the pony he was no longer wearing it. His pony this year was named Honey.
Lon loves riding the pony. If they would have let him, he probably would have rode all morning
Watching the chainsaw carvers
And the logging show. They had ax throwing, log rolling, the whole nine yards
Roast Corn!
Piglets!
Sheep!
The most photographed babies at the fair. Everyone was taking LOTS of pictures They were highly entertaining. The white one wanted up on the platform, the black one was the king of the platform and kept butting the white one off. But the white one kept trying.

Goat baby stepping on the mommy goat
I could not resist one more photo of a goat.
On the top of Lon's fair favorites is riding the pedal tractors. He loves riding them! I entered him to win his own farm-all pedal tractor, so keep good thoughts!
Talking to the cows. Another fair favorite. He met a cow named Princess, a black Angus, and still talks about what a good cow Princess is.
This game Lon plays for as long as we let him. Get a basket, gather an egg, milk the cow, pick an apple, dig a potato, and then sort out the items in your basket, put basket away and go on the the petting zoo. Lon kept doing it over and over again. It was so much fun for him.
He names the cow Princess. I did not try to explain the differences in the cows.
Finally on to the petting farm. The piglets were eating shoes.

Sheep are soft and kinda lotion-y feeling
Petting piglets. I have no clue on why this photo is turned wrong. I had deleted it and added it again, but to no avail.
RIDES!
The hammer. It got just a touch smaller than I remember
More rides!
We got Lon enough tickets to ride 4 rides.
The pirate on stilts. Very fun.
Patting Daddy's head.
End of the day at the Fair. Lon is tired, but he did not want to leave. He wanted to stay longer. It was time to go, Mommy and Daddy were exhausted. I was surprised that Lon did not fall asleep on the way home, but he was awake till his normal bedtime. The Evergreen State Fair was a very fun family time!

5 comments:

Amilu said...

My goodness, I guess I have my own mii petting zoo with the goats, sheep and uh, snakes. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

Amilu said...

That should be mini, I really need a new keybaord, without sticky keys. Or, I should clean it and bann my kids from using it.

suzy said...

those wacky kids will get your keyboard every time!
We did have a great time at the fair. You do have a petting zoo, all you need now are piglets!

Anonymous said...

I remember Lon's FIRST ear of corn at the Fair. That was great... He was to smallfor rides then.
Grandma

suzy said...

Now he loves rides! I think that will only increase. He wants me to go on the big rides with him. It will be fun!