Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blackberry Pickin

We went out blackberry picking today! The berries were ripe, but there were lots and lots that were not yet. The City of Kirkland has started taking out the blackberry bushes at Juanita Bay Park. This does NOT make me happy. It was a safe place to pick berries, away from the highway and Lon could run around the park if/when he got bored with the actual picking process. If anyone knows another good park to pick blackberries, let me know!

He is actually picking berries! I made him wear long pants today even though it was 80 degrees. I wore shorts, and now have really cut up legs. Really, I should have known better!
Running along. He loves to run!
We saw a crane! Way out in the lilly pads. It looked like a grey blob at first till it moved
Watching the crane and the ducks

A bigger bucket of berries than last year! Maybe we will look for more this week.

No comments: