Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thanks for all the Fish!


Since Grandma and GiGi are visiting, it was a perfect opportunity to work on Lon's tuxedo. I got it half done,the shirt (all those pin tucks) and cummerbund (more tucks!) got bogged down on the pants part! The easier part. I decided to stop for a little while. Grandma saw that I had this little quilt pattern, with all the fabric tucked neatly into a baggie. She thought it would be a nice thank you for the people who took them fishing, since the maxed out on salmon and halibut. Since I got some of the bounty, why not? So I whipped this up in an afternoon. Yes, the fish is all done with variegated metallic thread, there are silver ripples in the background, there are also iridescent waves on the borders. Turned out nice. Well, Grandma said, um, I think I will send them flowers. Yes, flowers would be nice. My first thought was, hey, this is not that bad! Turns out Grandma wants to hang it up in HER house. It is now in Virginia. Silly Grandma!
The toddler tuxedo as it is now.

2 comments:

Jim said...

SO much talent, you are amazing. You need a SUPERMOM cape :)

suzy said...

I will get right on that...